Friday, September 18

A Note From Charlotte Mayor Pat McCrory

Today I received this e-mail note about my concerns regarding the construction of the parking deck by CPCC:

"Thanks for letting me know your concerns regarding the flooding of Independence Park. Although the City has no involvement with the CPCC parking deck or Independence Park, I will ask our City Storm Water staff to review your information and work with the County and CPCC to determine how to avoid future flooding.

Thanks for the note.

Mayor Pat"

I CERTAINLY hope that this does SOMETHING positive and shows how things need to be addressed dealing with drainage, rain repairs and the area's natural tendency to wetness and ponding. Much of this needed to be done long ago and not put off as it seems. Things will only be better if this situation is dealt with and not ignored.

No comments: